Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Eleven down, none to go.

I'm an obsessive science fiction and fantasy reader. Mad I tell you. And the longer the series, the happier I am. That is, until I finish it.

This morning, I put to rest the eleventh book of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. Eleventh and last.

Sadly.



I sure I look a bit like a heroin addict right now with the restless twitches and furtive glances over my shoulder.

I had the first five in paperback, and I read them 2 years back. The remaining where nowhere to be found I tell you! Then came the kindle with its awesomeness, back lit leather cover, online one click book downloads and a few weeks later, I knew what Richard Rahl had to do to rid the world of the sinful self righteous ways of the Order. This series really appealed to my feudal (I'm told) sense of morality and righteousness :)

Great series, other than Terry's annoying habit of repeating things oh-so-often. He couldve cut it down by a book or two.


Jeeebus!

*twiddle*

What to do? Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time finale (14th book it is y'all) should be out soon, and so far I'm quite enjoying Brandon Sanderson's prowess as he completes the resting-in-peace masters tale.


Any recommendations? I'm planning to reread the Foundation Series (Asimov)

4 comments:

  1. "the longer the series, the happier I am" .. I know the feeling dude ..
    Terry Goodkind .. hmm .. for me the series went downhill as it progressed ... I left it at the 7th book I think. The first book was the best.

    Try reading the Dragonlance series ... by Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis .. starting from Dragons of Autumn Twilight.

    And I trust you have read GRRM's A Song of 'Ice & Fire' series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just read Brandon Sandersons Mistborn trilogy. The first of his three trilogies in the Mistborn series. Quite excellent.

    I havent read the others you mentioned. But I will! Thanks.

    Another mostly unknown awesome author: Jack L Chalker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude ... you HAVE to read 'A Song of Ice & Fire' series .... it is Awesome. Way way better than Sword of Truth series (even the first part!)

    I read about the Mistborn Trilogy only recently. I have yet to read it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ill start Ice and Fire in the coming week! Looking forward to it.

    Do read mistborn. After reading the first two of three part ending of RJ's Wheel of Time, I really started enjoying Brandon Sanderson. I ended up reading Elantris, Mistborn and Alcatraz, the last is actually quite funny and they are all good reads. Je recommande!

    ReplyDelete